We recently caught up with Mike and Sandi, two of our homeowners at The Outlook at Oyhut Bay, to find out what they are enjoying most about their new home.
What do you love about your home?
- The layout/open floorplan.
- The kitchen is perfection! It’s the counterpoint of the house. It’s huge.
- It feels really big and spacious.
- The large, bright windows.
- Appliances are great.
- Love the wood flooring- they don’t scuff.
- All our guests have their own bathroom. We love our ensuite master bath, then there’s a jack-n-jill and a powder room for guests.
- The high ceilings.
- The view! Watching ships out on the bay.
- Size of the back deck, can fit a whole bunch of people.
- The building itself is solid- concrete with metal studs. No wood that can rot if water gets in. We feel confident that the building will not degenerate .
Why are you excited to live at Oyhut Bay?
- Oyhut Bay is becoming a destination point, with easy access to the beach, retail shopping and dinner spots.
- Minutes from the beach. You walk out your door and the amenities will all be right down the street.
- Reminds us of an old world European village. It’s family-oriented, community-oriented.
- It’s like a town within a town. You have Oyhut’s community in walking distance, but you can also use the amenities that are close-by in the town of Ocean Shores.
- Unlike at Seabrook, you have a lot more local amenities to choose from here.
- Oyhut Bay’s commitment to supporting local artisans and farmers in their restaurants, grocery store and businesses. It’s health and fitness- oriented.
- Access to the canals and lakes.
- The closest beach to us in on Oyhut Bay. Even though it’s the bay, not the open ocean, you still get the beautiful waves. It’s quieter than the main beach of Ocean Shores. It’s a great beach to run and walk on.
What are you most excited to see coming at Oyhut Bay?
- The gym/pool building.
- Grocery Store.
- Canal access, the dock, the boat rentals– kayaks, canoes, etc.